IS Cambridge 2020 calls for papers15 March 2019
Great Britain – The 10th International Symposium on Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground has issued its call for papers. The event will be held at Churchill College, Cambridge from 29 June to 1 July 2020.
The first two days of the symposium will consist of technical sessions with presentations of General Reports and individual papers. The third day will be dedicated to the technical visit to the work sites of the new Thames Tideway Tunnel project, which will be under construction at the time of the symposium. Delegates joining the technical visit will enjoy a memorable trip to the project on a privately chartered boat on the River Thames in the heart of London.
Themes of the conference will include:
- Field case studies
- Physical and numerical modelling of tunnels and deep excavations in soft ground
- The effect of underground construction activities on existing structures
- Design and application of ground improvement for underground construction
- Sensing technologies and monitoring for underground construction in soft ground
- Ground movements, interaction with existing structures and mitigation measures
- Seismic response of underground infrastructure in soft ground
Authors are invited to submit Abstracts of about 300 words in English, on any of the topics relevant to one of the conference themes.
Abstracts should clearly state the purpose and conclusions of the full paper. Both abstracts and papers will be reviewed by the scientific committee of the IS-Cambridge 2020 Symposium.
Abstracts of papers should be submitted using the Abstract Submission System (either directly into the abstract submission form, or as an upload) before the 1st May, 2019
For more details, please visit the event website: www.is-cambridge2020.eng.cam.ac.uk