Nominations open for ITA Tunnelling Awards20 May 2022
Nominations for the ITA Tunnelling and Underground Space Awards are now open.
Organised by the International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, the Awards recognise innovation, technologies and outstanding projects in tunnelling and underground construction.
There are eight categories, including the return of an award for product/equipment.
This year’s categories are:
- Major Project of the Year – over €500m
- Project of the Year – between €50m & €500m
- Project of the Year including renovation – up to €50m
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Beyond Engineering – making underground works projects even better
- Product/Equipment Innovation of the Year
- Innovative Underground Space Use
- Young Tunneller of the Year
Nominations must contain projects for which the major civil engineering work was completed between March 1, 2019 and April 1, 2022. The Young Tunneller of the Year rewards someone born after January 1, 1986 and who has brought an outstanding contribution to tunnelling.
The winners will be announced at a virtual ceremony at the end of the year.
The closing date for entries is July 8, 2022.More information, including submission requirements, can be found on the ITA Tunnelling Awards website