ITA reveals 2021 Tunnelling Awards shortlist25 October 2021
ITA has announced the finalists of the seventh edition of the ITA Tunnelling Awards 2021 which aim to recognise the best and most innovative tunnelling projects worldwide.
The seven award categories are as follows:
- Major Project of the Year (with a budget over €500)
- Project of the Year (with a budget between €50 and €500m)
- Project of the Year incl. Renovation (with a budget up to €50m)
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Beyond Engineering
- Innovative and Contributing Underground Spaces
- Young Tunneller of the Year.
This seventh edition of the Awards follows on from the six previous instances, five of which were held as in-person events in Switzerland, Singapore, France, China and the US. This year, as in 2020, for reasons of safety and in accordance with pandemic restrictions, the awards will be presented in an online presentation that will take place sometime near the end of November (exact date to be confirmed). ITA said the winners will be celebrated on 2 December 2021.
Details of the 24 finalists can be seen HERE.