Bts december 2023 meeting – silvertown tunnel: a christmas jamboree of tunnelling20 November 2023
Thursday 14th December 2023 at 18:00 hrs
December's British Tunnelling Society meeting will focus on the Silvertown Road Tunnel.
The lecture will provide a update on Tunnelling works at TfL’s 1.1km long twin-bore Silvertown Road Tunnel, constructed using a single 11.91 m diameter EPB TBM. The two bores are connected though 7No. SCL cross-passages, of which 4 require ground freezing.
Speakers from Riverlinx CJV:
- David Baggs
- Siva Brashanthan
- Mikel Goirigolzarri Martinez
- Mark Shepherd
- Ivor Thomas
- Christina Trigle
- This is an in-person lecture taking place at the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) - One Great George Street, Westminster, London SW1P 3AA
- Non-members are more than welcome to attend the event in-person.
- Tea & coffee will be served from 17:30 hrs onwards.
- Post-lecture drinks and food will be served at the ICE bar. The food will be sponsored by PHL Hydraulics UK Ltd, whilst the drinks will be sponsored by Riverlinx CJV
Full details can be found here