Gomes joins SMEC in key tunnel role11 April 2017
Australia – SMEC has appointed Alexandre Gomes as chief technical principal Tunnels and Underground. Based in SMEC’s Sydney office, the company said Gomes brings knowledge and global experience in the field of underground engineering to generate innovative, economical and practical engineering solutions.
Gomes has worked on major projects across Europe, Asia and the Americas providing his expertise across all stages of a project, from feasibility studies through to detailed design and construction supervision. His experience encompasses a broad range of ground conditions, ranging from very soft ground to hard rock conditions, and various construction methods.
Gomes’s project experience includes:
- Metros in Santiago de Chile, Porto, London, Bangkok, Singapore and Taipei
- Railway tunnels including the Taiwan High Speed Rail
- Urban and non-urban road tunnels including the Concession Road Tunnel La Linea 2nd Tube (Colombia), AVO
- Expressway Urban Tunnels (Chile), City Tunnels Porto and Schmitten Tunnel (Austria).
- Large underground infrastructure projects for mining and numerous Hydropower projects in Chile and Latin-America.